Tuesday, December 12, 2006

We're here and on our way...

Well, we're here in Kiev and we're on our way in the process. We arrived yesterday (I think) and spent the day trying to acclimate ourselves and get some rest. It was 10:00 am in Kiev, but 3:00 am our body's time. Nice. We slept, ate snacks we brought, got some groceries, and settled in to our apartment.

We JUST got done with our appointment at the State Department of Adoption and met with a few people regarding our adoption. We have chosen a child and his name is Mykola Gagarin and he is just over two years old. He is living in an orphanage in Donetzk. We will travel tomorrow night by train most likely and will meet the child on Thursday.

All for now...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have happy tears for you guys!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! Guess who?!!!

Anonymous said...

A boy! Wow, what a gift from God. I am so happy you arrived safely and that we've heard from you. That little fellow may not like the pink hat, ha! Our best to you and give Emma a hug from Grammy.
S & D

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys! We can't wait to meet your new little guy - a playmate for our little guy. You are in our prayers and our thoughts everyday... especially when we feed Philip! :)

We miss you!

Ryan said...

dude...that sounds awesome! Hope the meeting goes well, and well, since you guys are our social life...you get the idea.

we are indeed thinking of you guys often...

Anonymous said...

I am elated! Beyond Happy! Words can't decribe how amazing this is for you!!!! Congratulations! I will continue to pray! Tell Emma hi! Give her a big hug and kiss for me!
Libby

Anonymous said...

Oh, yay yay yay!!! Luke and Mykola will have a ball terrorizing Emma... Love you guys!
Marnie & Arick -- and Luke!

Anonymous said...

hey,
I am glad to hear that you got there safely. I hope you guys or...girls are enjoying yourselves:) I can't wait to see Mykola!!!!:)Merry Christmas!!!(HEY EMMA)
Love Nan

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear such wonderful news! my family and i are all so happy and still praying

Anonymous said...

Good Morning! Have a wonderful day with God by your side. Eager to hear more from you all. Grammy

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!! We are so excited for you!! Hope and pray all is going well, and we are anxiously awaiting another post!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

great news! thanks for the update...we miss you back here!

Anonymous said...

May God be with you today and guide decisions to be made. Waiting anxiously to hear about the wee one. And Emma. Hope you are all doing very well. Grammy