Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Speaking of daughters

Congratulations to Ryan and Andrea who just found out they're having a girl! Speaking of daughters, I have to relate a story that my wife, Lori, shared with me from this morning.

Emma stood in the hallway playing with her hair, which has been growing longer and longer b/c she wants to be like Rapunzel. Emma said, "Mommy, when my hair gets long like Rapunzel's, I'm gonna cut it off and send it to a kid in Africa that has no hair."

Lori successfully kept herself from laughing at the sincerity of our daughter. She wants to help others. She's knows about Locks of Love and donating hair to kids (a great cause!!). B/c of our work through Journey with Blood:Water Mission (another great cause!!) she also knows about kids in Africa who don't have medicine and clean water and food . Somehow the details mixed . Somehow there is an African kid out there whose greatest need in life is a long blond wig. Precious!!!

3 comments:

paul said...

you just got to love that.

Ryan said...

that is awesome!

Dri said...

I love the way her mind and heart work. :)