As in chapter 23, we see God using the Romans to provide protection from the Jews and move Paul closer to Rome. Is God using unlikely people and circumstances around you to further His plan. Is God using you in the lives of others and are you willing?Good discussion. Let's continue it here...
In the midst of all of this conflict, Paul continues to share the message of Jesus with others. Are you continuing to share that message in your times of conflict and in your routine living?
Felix puts off the hearing of Paul’s message. “Don’t call me, I’ll call you.” He puts off God. Are you doing this?
What other questions does this raise?
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Acts 24
We continued with the walk through the book of Acts. tonight. Paul seems to always find trouble or trouble always seems to find him. This chapter is no different. Give it a read. Here were our starting points for discussion:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A thought...
Toward the end of the discussion, we were talking about friends that don't love Jesus yet & how we present that to them.
I think the most important thing we can do as Christians is live our day to day lives in a way that would make Jesus proud. I think our friends are watching very closely how we react to the *small
* things in life- the cashier at Meijer, the jerk that cut us off in traffic, the waitress that brought out the wrong food, the time we make for friends when they need us. And I wonder if that what Felix saw in Paul. I think Felix must've thought, 'there is something *different* about him.' Obviously, Paul is jailed for his faith (so Paul's doing the big stuff, too!), but I wonder if Felix also saw Paul sharing his ice cream w/ the prisoner next to him. Or telling funny stories to the jerk prison guard & making him laugh to break the tension in the cell. Or singing songs w/ the woman who brought him his water. I'd like to think that is what caused Felix to call on Paul time after time to talk w/ him. Because of that *something* (read: Jesus) that gave him a different type of self. Because, day to day, that is the struggle for me. To treat and see everyone as Jesus would have seen them. It's a lot easier for me to swoop in and be a Christian for the big stuff. It is the little things, the joy, peace, patience, kindness (..and on from there) that can be hard for me... but also that have the potential to draw people to us; and through us, to Christ.
Post a Comment