Paul is the picture of courage in the face of adversity. How do we deal with adversity and what can we learn from Paul and his experiences?
Do we sometimes get caught up in quarrels over lesser topics to the detriment of the more important? Why is that and how do we overcome this?
God continues to use unlikely people and circumstances to further his plans. Are we open to these unlikely people and circumstances as God works around us?
What other questions does this raise?
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Acts 23
Acts 23 was the text this week. Paul is carrying out his mission with the help of some unlikely sources. Read the chapter, check out these thoughts, and continue the conversation here:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
In regards to question two, I think you have to remember the age-old saying: there are only two things God really cares about, and those are semitics and semantics. Then again, I'm one who finds a lot of value in the truth gained from biting sarcasm.
A point i wanted to raise last night as a follow-up point, however, was on something Paul said. He said that it was clear that Christ was always at the front of his mind (this is a paraphrase, as I didn't write down his actual quote). I found this to be ringing with truth, and in contrast to what we see in the world today. Many times, in our modern world, we see people claim to always have Christ at the front of the mind. We see them do this as they tell us how holy they are, as they rally for or against a cause, as they rebuke "in the name of Jesus", and as they fund political causes. And yet Paul does this by having an inner peace that none can understand, and by having a surreal understanding of the people he interacts with.
I know which "Christ Mindedness" I want to have, that's for sure.
First time to Journey last Sunday...great experience!
I was struck by a comment someone made about "unlikely people". Who is an unlikely person? I believe was the question that was asked.
My comment being, do we embrace or shy away from being the unlikely person that God has in mind for a divine task?
Fred, that's a great question.
After thinking about it a little bit I think I tend to shy away from being that "unlikely" person that God would use for a divine task. I don't know if I want to stick out like that...
My prayer: God, help me have you in the true forefront of my mind so I can understand where you need me - even if it means I'll stick out as the "unlikely" person.
Post a Comment