Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Tag line...

QUESTION: I was looking at the banner on our webpage and began to wonder...when someone reads "A Christian Community," will they understand that we're a church? I love the concept of community and I really wanted to stay away from the word "church," but will people understand that Journey is a church instead of a planned christian sub-division/housing development?

Please share your thoughts...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had thought of that too. I'm not sure people will know that it is a church. Actually, they might think it sounds a little too mysterious, like something that is afraid to come right out and say what it is. I love the community thing too, I'm just not sure that it would be compeltely clear to someone just finding it.

Mark D. Cruea said...

I have been thinking about this for a while now and I am wondering if we are not overanalyzing a bit. When I think about the type of person you are attempting to draw, I believe the meaning will be clear enough. On college campuses, there are alls orts of communities popping up: honors, arts, learning, etc. These are people who come together for a purpose. I have also tried looking up synonyms and have not seen anything that looks better. Perhaps a tag line/slogan could be added to make our purpose clear. Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

I have been looking through thesaurus for some other words for community. It didn't really go that well, cloister was my most commonly found word. From what i saw i think mabey we should look more in the directing of a body or brotherhood/family. Those where the only things i found that really at all gave the same feeling of community

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
I'm not sure how long a tag line should be. In reading the home page for Journey, the focus on re:imagining and re:discovering strike me as something important in trying to say who we are, outside of the traditional Christian Communities that exist. This is what I came up with...Journey...Re:imagining & Re:discovering the Christian Faith.