Friday, January 05, 2007

Not Long Now...

Hello again! It's Lori, and I'm leaving tomorrow to go to Cincinnati, and then Sunday, Marnie (Trevor's sister) and I take off from the Cincinnati airport at 2:55 p.m. We'll be in Kiev about 11:30 a.m. their time on Monday. More jet lag. :-)

The schedule from there looks like this:
--Monday: 7:00 p.m. train overnight to Donetzk
--Tuesday: 7:00 a.m. arrive in Donetzk; get Cole, his Ukrainian passport and birth certificate; finish paperwork; overnight train back to Kiev
--Wednesday: Embassy doctor visit to clear him to come to the US as a citizen
--Thursday: Embassy--get his US passport
--Friday: 7:55 a.m. 2 hr flight to Budapest; 2 hr layover and then the long flight to JFK in NY; 1.5 hr layover, customs and immigration (where they open his documentation and he's admitted into the US); arrive back in Cincinnati at 6:55 p.m.
--Saturday: back to Findlay and finally HOME!!!

So yeah, I'll have my hands on him in a matter of days now, and we'll actually be home in a week from now. So awesome!!!!

Please pray for safe and smooth travels, stamina for a physically demanding trip, and for Cole's transition from orphanage life to life with his forever family. This is going to shake up everything he knows and might be really really hard for him, or it might not be too big of a deal. You just never know, but we're expecting it to be hard, and if it ends up not being so bad, then fine. Just imagine being little like that, not speaking the language, and having to just deal with it as things come. So please pray that he'll feel some peace throughout all of these changes.

Thanks so much, everyone, and thanks for all the encouragement through your comments and emails. Trevor will more than likely be updating while I'm gone; I don't anticipate us having any time to find an internet cafe this time around, so Trevor can give you the latest after we've talked on the phone. Peace out. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! so close... I'm Praying.. i can't wait to meet cole!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! The time is really here! Cole will feel your love, warmth and comfort Lori. I am glad you sent the schedule! It is good to know how the week will pound out for you! Hugs and kisses to Cole when you finally get him in your arms!!!!!! Safe travels! This is the beginning!!!!

Anonymous said...

I will pray for a smooth transition for you and Cole! It would be scary when you are so little! We will continue to pray!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Not long now!!! :-)