Monday, October 23, 2006

weird week

Well, it's a weird week this week. We won't be having our Bible Discussion Group on Tuesday b/c of all things...the Halloween Parade. What sort of statement does it make that the Halloween Parade of Findlay is the largest and most attended parade of the year? I've never known that to be the case in any other town that I've lived in...and I've lived in a lot of towns. Weird.

We also won't be having our Life Group on Thursday b/c that's Trick or Treat. This brings me to another weird factoid of Findlay. To my knowledge, Trick or Treat has never been on Halloween. It's always several days prior to the actual observance, in this case it's five days early. I could understand if it was an effort to make Trick or Treat land on a weekend instead of a school night, but seriously, what's the point of making it on Thursday five days before? Weird.

Anyway, all that rambling aside, we will not be gathering this week in group format. If you have observations/questions/insights/etc. regarding Mark 13 for this coming Sunday's teaching time, please post them here.

Have a weird week!

1 comment:

michelle said...

well the thing with trick or treat being when it is actually makes sense. it's always the last thursday BEFORE halloween and not ON it because on oct. 31 there are a lot of people that go out drinking. bad idea for kids to be roaming the dark streets on such a night. well that's my little tidbit.