
Well...it's official! From here on out we will be referred to as Journey with a focus on the OUR. I'm in process of developing something for the web and choosing a domain name. Once that site goes live, I'll send you all the link. I'll also be working with some people on a logo for print/advertising purposes.
Now that we have the name chosen, we need to think about some sort of tag line to go along with it. We talked on Sunday about developing some sort of phrase that would give a nugget about who we are...something that would explain and create interest. One that I gave as an example was: Journey, a convergence of community and faith. It could be something like a community of Jesus followers or simply a Christian community. Basically we decided to stay away from using the outright word "church," but we need something to key people in to who we are. So...give it some thought and weigh in on that discussion.
Beginning this Sunday we will meet right after the 8:00 service. This isn't our permanent time, but with holidays and graduation, this is the best short-term solution. We'll already be at the church for one of the services so it saves us a trip and eliminates an evening meeting during the week. We will meet each Sunday from 9:00-ish until about 11:00 from May 28th through June 18th. Then on June 25th we'll shift to Sunday evenings for the rest of the summer. If you need to come late or leave early while we're meeting on these mornings, that's fine. This Sunday we'll spend some time sharing stories and we'll discuss what Children's and Youth Ministry might look like at Journey where we're seeking to learn and live the ways of God through authentic missional community.

5 comments:
My first impression is that I like "a Christian Community." It is very simple and to the point and I really like the word "community."
Great job!
Thanks, Jim.
Also, folks, feel free to throw any other thoughts into the ring.
I think "a Christian community" rings best for me as well. Short is always good, and there's no mistaking what it is.
They might know what it means; just depends. :-) Convergence means something like "coming together."
I'm not sure how long a tag line should be. In reading the home page for Journey, the focus on re:imagining and re:discovering strike me as something important in trying to say who we are, outside of the traditional Christian Communities that exist. This is what I came up with...Journey...Re:imagining & Re:discovering the Christian Faith.
Post a Comment